Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Houston International Quilt Festival 2016

Houston International Quilt Festival 2016

It is getting to be that time of year again!  It is almost 2 weeks until the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  This year, in particular, is a very special year for me.  In addition to having two quilts in A World of Beauty, a quilt in Patterns (Dinner @ Eight special exhibit), a quilt in Tranquility (a SAQA special exhibit), I will also have 25 quilts in my very own special exhibit called Inspired by Color: Art Quilts by Kathy York!  It is really fantastic to have my work recognized in this way, and it is also a bit humbling. A big thank you to Becky Navarro over at IQF for reaching out to me, all her hard work, and Karey Bresenhan for her support and encouragement!
And as if that's not enough, I found out a few weeks ago that both of my entries in A World of Beauty got awards!! I will have to wait until after the Awards Ceremony on Nov 1 to find out what they are.
I entered i Quilt in the Innovative Pieced category,
and One Earth in the small Art Abstract category.
You can see my quilt for the Dinner@Eight exhibit, Patterns:
And last, my quilt at the SAQA exhibit, Tranquility:
I hope to see you there!  I will be there for most of Festival this year, dividing my time between manning the SAQA booth as a volunteer, hanging out in my exhibit, and looking at the thousands of quilts on display in the 49 different exhibits of quilts. I am anticipating lots of inspiration, because the skill level and artistry is simply amazing. And I really look forward to seeing many old friends and meeting new ones! It is going to be spectacular!!! I  can   hardly      wait!!

1 comment:

Linda Evans said...

Congratulations! you will be the darling of the show this year, well-deserved!