Friday, November 02, 2012

Houston International Quilt Festival

Houston International Quilt Festival

Another year at the Houston Quilt Festival.  It opened yesterday, if you don't count Wed night which is open to IQA members for a special preview.  I am happy to have so much of my work there, but wish I could be there now!  This year I have 3 quilts in the judged show and a number of quilts in other exhibits. Two of the entries in the judged show are in the group category. It is so interesting to see what our different groups come up with for a project.
Here are our group quilts..
 
Balancing Act
Exquisite Journey
and my entry in the Whimsical category.
Urban Tree
I also had a new quilt juried into Tactile Architecture.
Community Garden
Community Garden detail
And I have a quilt in Dinner@8, a juried invitational, this year's theme was Rituals.
Morning Commute with Sweet Jane
Let's not forget the last portion of the SAQA fundraiser...
Square in a Square
And I have six postcards in the Friends for Life fundraiser.  You can see them here.
Last, I think this is my first time in the photography exhibit called  Eye of the Quilter: Favorite Things.  I submitted 3 entries and this is the one that was selected!
Succulent



4 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations to all the entries !
They're wonderful

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me I missed some of your quilts! I thought I saw everything....but didn't look at the postcards and not at the photo exhibit. Okay, next year I will try to look at everything!

Kathy York said...

Thanks Heidi and Susan! The postcards were gone by the time I got to the show, not just mine, ALL of them. A tremendous success for Pokey and the animal shelter in Houston.

Martha Ginn said...

Kathy, I loved seeing your work in person after following your blog and seeing pictures! You inspire the rest of us. I got to Houston this year after a several year break--even posted on my blog.
www.marthaginn.blogspot.com