Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Urban Circles

Urban Circles 
50" x 50" 
No, not like crop circles, more like CD circles. I was inspired by CD envelopes that have the shiny clear plastic that you can see through. I made these circles of my fabric, Urban Landscapes, by drawing the circles the same size as the hole in the CD envelope package. I fused them on, satin stitched the edges (all 100 of them!) in white thread, and then pieced the blocks together. LOVE IT! I especially like how the design entices your eye to move around and explore the entire quilt. Now that the top is done, all I have left is to quilt it! The photography. I am not happy with how the full size photo looks. On my monitor, it has a quality that looks plastic and harsh. The designs are bright and crisp, but in real life they have a softness to them, much more similar to the detail picture. Maybe I will reshoot and see how it goes?

12 comments:

Gerrie said...

That is so cool! Love it. Love your fabrics.

Brandi said...

OH MY GOSH KATHY I LOVE IT!!!! YAY!! Everyone on our blog is saying they LOVE your new Urban Landscapes fabric!!

Thanks for sharing!

Marty Mason said...

Lots of intense sewing, but you came out with a great quilt. Love it!

Edith Bieri-Hanselmann said...

Hi Kathy, I love it, it look so fresh!

skye said...

I love it, Kathy!! Can't wait to see how you quilt it, too!
Congratulations on another beauty!

Unknown said...

beautiful! Modern!

sophie said...

I can't wait to see your fabrics alive and in person.

Kathy York said...

Thanks everyone!
Regarding the intense sewing...I think all my projects have an element of that! lol!

Anonymous said...

Your fabrics are gorgeous, and I just love how you combined them. So inspiring!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Gorgeous fabrics! What a fun and beautiful quilt!

Karen said...

Another winner... a perfect design for your new fabrics... Keep it going, and keep letting us in on your creative process. Sometimes, the somplest things can start that creative train rolling!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

I love this quilt! I'm completely obsessed with those decorative CD stickers!